Sunday, November 20, 2016

Week 06 Maya Modeling


Our assignment this week was to model a relatively low-poly Dodge Charger using Maya. The primary goals with this task were to stay at or under 3000 polygons. Have separate meshes for the wheels, axles, and body. Retain symmetry along the Z-axis.



Side Reference

Front Reference

Top Reference


This was my first pass at modeling out the basic shape of the car. I was trying to stay true to the shape and began moving the edge loops for the wheels and grill.




As I further polished my design, I wanted to make sure I kept as close to the reference image as possible.



My final pass at the model.

The Car Body: 1540 Tris
All 4 Wheels: 1424 Tris (356 per wheel)
Spoiler: 108 Tris
Both Axles: 20 Tris
Total Count: 3092 Tris

I did not want to sacrifice resolution for the sake of 92 Tris over spec. I could quickly reduce the overall count by flattening the grill section or by reducing resolution on the wheels.

No comments:

Post a Comment